Welcome to Tokyo
To all ISPA members, potential members, those interested in the field of school and educational psychology and everyone concerned to support children and young people:
We are delighted to invite you to Tokyo for the 40th annual Conference of the International School Psychology Association (ISPA) that will take place from July 25th to 28th, 2018.
The conference will be hosted by Tokyo Seitoku University and supported by the Japanese Organization of School Psychologists (JOSP), Japanese Association of School Psychologists (JASP), Japanese School Psychology Association (JSPA) and Japanese Society of Clinical Educational Psychology (JSCEP).
“Promoting Resilience for Children Toward Life-long Happiness”
The conference theme reflects the situation of all children, teachers and other professionals, recovering from difficulties stemming from natural disasters, personal issues, and more. After the Great East Japan Earthquake had occurred in 2011, Japanese school psychologists had much support by receiving relevant materials and having consultations from ISPA/NASP to help children recover from the disaster. ISPA 2018 will be held in Tokyo, Japan, to express our gratitude for all international help provided to Japan in that occasion. We also hope this is an opportunity for members of the helping professions to come and share their practice and academic findings.
Eminent Keynote Speakers will address the key theme of the conference drawing from their own research and practice. In addition, there will be paper presentations, symposia, round table discussions, workshops and posters that will enable participants to share their knowledge and expertise and learn from each other.
Topics addressed during the conference will include:
- Working with children who experience mental health issues
- Supporting schools, families and children in times of crisis
- Developing strategies to support children with learning difficulties
- Helping schools to become safe and effective learning environments
- Promoting inclusivity in diverse communities
- Training psychologists and other professionals to become effective practitioners
- Supporting children and school personnel in recovery from school crisis
- Conference Dates: July 26-28, 2018
- Pre-conference Workshops: July 25, 2018
- Abstract Submission Deadline: April 15, 2018
- Early Registration: Before April 30, 2018
- Late Registration: After May 1, 2018
Please note that Japan time is 9 hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT).Abstract Submission Registration